Ok so my next review will be on this ‘eyebrow maker’ by Lovely me:ex. I believe this brand is from The Face Shop but I’m not 100% sure.
I have always had a love-hate relationship with my eyebrows, one reason is because my hair is naturally dark brown and my eyebrows are an unforgiving JET BLACK. Another reason is that my eyebrows are very thick and dense. For a lot of people struggling with sparse eyebrows, they might envy my eyebrow situation but for me it’s a curse rather than a blessing because it gives me a strong/harsh look to my face. With that said, it seems like I would be the last person on the planet that needs an eyebrow pencil since my brows are very full and dense on their own. However, since I pluck my eyebrows myself, I am bound to make a mistake and since they are so bold an unforgiving, if I pluck one wrong hair there is a very noticeable gap that needs covering. This pencil allows me to cover that gap. Also, I have been changing my eyebrow shape over the past few months. I used to have a very arched eyebrow but I decided that it made me look too intimidating so I decided to grown them “Korean style” straight/flat and full. This gives my face a more youthful/innocent look – even with the bold blackness of my eyebrow. This pencil has helped me shape my eyebrow into the shape I want and gave me a guideline of where I need to grow the hair. It has also helped me a lot during the awkward stages of trying to grow fuller brows by masking all the gaps until it grew back fully.
The color I got was ‘black brown’ but there were many different colors to chose from in this line, such as, grey brown, dark brown, brown, dark grey and black brown. Usually when I buy a eyebrow product, the color is either too brown with reddish undertones or too black and makes my eyebrow look like it was drawn on with a permanent marker. This product is not like this and I have to say I really do like this product, here’s why:
1. The color selection is great and realistic, giving a natural look.
2. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage that I want. If you look at the swatch pic I posted above, you can see that it glides on very lightly, I had to apply some pressure in order for it to look that dark. Therefore, you are in total control; the harder you apply this product, the darker it will become.
3. the pen part is triangular shaped instead of a narrow pen tip so it covers more area at once making it look less “drawn on” and more natural (also I want to mention that there’s no sharpening involved, you just twist the bottom and like a lipstick, more product will come up, you can also twist it to make it go back down).
4. It also comes with a spooly on the end so that you can easily blend the color in with your eyebrow hair.
5. The formula is great! (Apparently it contains vegetable wax and Vitamin E) It’s long lasting and smudge proof.
1. If you are a blonde, these colors may not work for you.
That is the only con I can think of, overall this is a great product and I highly recommend it!