Hey guys and gals, I am officially welcoming you to my blog! This is my first ever review~ It seriously took me forever fiddling with the aesthetics of this blog, I’m still not 100% happy with it but it will do for now. Anyways, to kick things off I will do a haul and review for some Korean makeup products that I have accumulated over the past month. The seller I bought these particular items from is quite generous with the samples which I appreciated. If your interested in buying from this seller you can see her website name on the business card in the photo below.
Before starting though, I want to tell you a sad story about my previous makeup collection. In summer 2012, I went to South Korea to study Korean for a summer program hosted by my University. Going to Korea, I used Air Canada and I was allowed to bring my checked suitcase and one other checked backpack that I strapped onto my suitcase, I was also allowed to have 1 carry on bag (backpack) and my purse. However, they changed the rules when it was time to comeback home. I checked my suitcase (which was COMPLETELY full, like I had to sit on it in order to close it) but this time, I was not allowed to check the backpack that I strapped onto my suitcase on the way to Korea unless I payed a fee (that I was unable to make at that time). SO I literally had to ditch that backpack in the Incheon Airport. That backpack had a lot of my clothes in it: skirts, shorts, dresses, shirts even a lot of the new clothes I purchased while in Korea. It also had ALL my skincare and makeup in it and there was no way I could transfer any of it into my carry on because of the liquid and gel rule (not to mention, my carry on bag was full to the point where the zipper broke) Anyways, one of the products alone in my makeup bag was over $40… I was so depressed. I’m sure there would have been a way to arrange for them to hold my bag and get one of my friends in Korea to pick it up and send it to me but I had no time to wait in line at the service desk because I would miss my flight and the people who I did manage to talk to were not at all helpful… so I ended up just ditching my backpack on a chair while no one was looking to make it seem like I just forgot it haha… it was so sad. So since then, I have been trying to slowly rebuild my makeup/skincare collection. Obviously, I had to repurchase my skincare right away because it’s something I NEED but as for makeup, I just made due with some drugstore products and some of the products I found around my house because it would cost WAAAY too much to buy everything again. However, the positive part of this story is that now I get to try new things as I slowly rebuild the basics of my makeup collection and I also get the opportunity to review them for you 🙂
First thing on my list is the babyface pore powder. Basically, I just wanted a loose translucent powder to set my foundation. There were many options in the magical land known as ebay – however, when I saw this one I knew I had to get it! (I am a SUCKER for cute packaging) You got to admit, this is the cutest little thing ever! And as an added bonus, this line is endorsed by the baby face king himself, Nichkhun ❤ ❤ (fangirl moment)
However – if I knew then what I know now, I would not have bought this little guy. Keep reading to find out why.
First of all, I will tell you what I like about this product:
1. It is freakin cute! It has personality, I mean just look at that face :’)
2. The powder is really fine and soft and blends in well. It’s also colorless and does not make me look more pale than I am like some other “translucent” powders I have tried in the past.
Ok, now for the Cons:
1. I was really disappointed by the size of this product. It’s waaay to small! Like seriously for what your paying for, the size is very disappointing! You can see in my photo that I have placed a quarter next to him so you can get a sense of his size (yes I will refer to this inanimate object as ‘him’ – that’s because he has a face :’))
2. When I tap him to try and get the powder to come out of the little holes, nothing comes out so I literally have to smack him down and even then, barely any product comes out I think the only way is shake it like crazy and then you will probably have a mess on your hands.
3. Ok, so i’m not sure if he is to blame or if it’s my primers fault, but he really finds a way to settle into my fine lines on my face, lines I didn’t even know existed until I bought this product. (but again, may be my primers fault)
Overall, I do not recommend this product, unless you just love to collect makeup because he really is just a pretty face.
If you are looking for a good translucent powder to set your makeup, (especially if you have oily skin, or plan to visit Korea in the summer – because if you don’t have oily skin you will!) I would recommend the Etude House BB magic Pact. It comes in two shades No. 1 Light Beige and No. 2 Natural Beige. It really brightens your complexion and absorbs oil well – much like oil blotting sheets. As well, it transfers translucently to your face. It also smells great and the purple compact is so fancy, like a princess! I have already hit pan on mine. I recommend you use a makeup brush when applying though just so you don’t cake it on and get the perfect finish.