Hey guys, long time no post! Actually, I have been busy with the whole E2 Visa application process. I’m just trying to get to Korea but the whole process is long and tedious and requires a lot of patience. Anyway, more on that later. For now, lets get straight into talking about the product that’s up for review: Etude House Rosy tint Lips a product introduced for fall 2013. Guys I’m sorry that I am not reviewing any new products but living in Canada means that I have to order all my Korean makeup products online via ebay. I’m not planning on buying any new Korean makeup products until I actually go to Korea because it will be cheaper and I don’t want to buy too many things before now and then since my luggage is building up more and more. So, you will have to excuse me for reviewing older products for now which may or may not still be available in Korean stores but are certainly available for purchase online.
When I first saw the colors available in this line I wanted to buy almost all of them. This product is awesome! However, I only ended up purchasing 2: Tea Rose and After Blossom. Tea rose is a slight coral nude color and After Blossom is a deep berry burgundy color. The scent is a strong rose/floral scent and the texture is thick and creamy (not sticky). But dries completely matte, a lot like a liquid matte lipstick. The product is dispensed from a hole in the sponge tip by squeezing the tube (really hard).
Here are the pros:
1. These are super pigmented and if you wear lip concealer before applying these lip tints, you will get the true color.
2. Since it dries matte, and is considered a “tint” it is very long lasting. You don’t have to worry about constantly re-applying throughout the day.
3. Beautiful colors and amazing color selection. The colors shown in the photo from Etude House is a true representation of how they will look on your lips as long as you use a concealer before applying (if you have a dark natural lip).
4. The sponge tip applicator may be a pro to some and a con to others, depending on your preference. Although it’s ideal for blending the lip color when doing an ombre/gradient look, some may not like how the sponge gets dirty looking once the product stains the white sponge tip.
1. This product is really hard to squeeze out of the tube. obviously this is not a major set-back but it can be pretty annoying and is a real workout for your hands – especially if this product is left in a cold environment for too long, I learned this the hard way when I accidentally left it in the back window of my car during the freezing Canadian winter.
2. Although the scent is appropriate for the flower garden theme of these lip products, the floral/perfumy scent may be sickly to some and may remind others of their grandma.
Overall, I love this product and I plan to buy more colors when I go to Korea (if they are still selling these in stores that is).