I have a total of 3 products from the Kissful lip line: the Kissful lip care scrub, Kissful lip care concealer and the Lip perfume – the Kissful lip care scrub being the most recent addition to my collection. However, instead of just reviewing the lip care scrub, I have decided to review all 3 of the products I own from this line since they are somewhat related (all lip products).
This line is extremely cute – but then again, what else would you expect from Etude House? The packaging features a picture of a cute girl that for some reason, gives me a very vintage vibe.
I’ll begin with the lip scrub since that is the first step you would take when applying these products. The scrub is a clear gel (not sticky at all) with very fine sugar crystals which help to scrub off the dead skin, giving you softer lips. According to the instructions, you should first apply and gently massage into your moist lips and wash away with lukewarm water. I recommend dampening a cloth by running lukewarm over it and gently dab it on your lips until the scrub is removed/dissolved.
Ok, let’s get right into the Pros and Cons of this product:
1. This scrub smells AMAZING! A very strong, authentic juicy peach smell.
2. This scrub is gentle and wont hurt or scratch your lips but is strong enough to effectively remove the dead skin.
1. The packaging is a little disappointing for Etude House. There is just a cheap sticker with a matte finish covering the tube. I can tell that the image printed on the sticker may wear off over time.
2. The taste is a little strong – the sugar part tastes good but there is a bitter aftertaste. I know your not supposed to eat it, but since it goes over your lips, you can’t help but taste it sometimes.
3. If you have extremely dry lips with a lot of dead skin this product may be too mild. You may need a scrub with coarse sugar crystals in it.
Overall I do recommend this product as it does work. However, I don’t have much to compare it too as I have only ever used one other lip scrub before. (Bubblegum from Lush, and I don’t like it) But if you only have minor dead skin on your lips, or sensitive lips, I think this would work well for you. I don’t think I will be re-purchasing it though because I’m not crazy about the packaging and I do want to try other lip scrubs (like the one from Tony Moly in the cute lip shape container).
Now on to the lip concealer! First of all, why would you need a lip concealer? Well it’s the perfect tool if you want to try out the hot Korean makeup trend: Gradient lips/ Ombre lips. It’s also useful if you have a dark natural lip and you want to get the true color of your lipstick to show up on your lip. Another use I can see is if you have really full lips and you want to make them appear smaller for the cute innocent look.
According to this product, it evens out redness in lips, creating a smooth and natural surface for long-lasting lipstick application. Does this product live up to its claims? Lets find out.
1: the color really matched my skin and totally erased my lips.
2. I really appreciate how this lip concealer is in a chapstick tube instead of a pot like many other lip concealers on the market, because it makes it easier to apply to the lips.
3. If you blot this on your lips and then spread evenly by dabbing with your finger, this product will not be drying. However, you wont get very great coverage using this method.
1. Like the lip scrub, the packaging looks cheap. I love the cute picture of the girl, but I just don’t like how it’s just printed on a cheap sticker.
2. This product is very very drying if you apply it the way you would apply a lip product (directly gliding it over your lips generously) This method gives you the best coverage but emphasizes/creates dead skin on your lips (even if you use the lip scrub prior).
Overall, I only recommend you buy this product if you do not have dry lips. I do not recommend you use this in the winter.
Finally I will review the lip perfume! This is the first product I bought from this line. I bought it in 2011 while I was in Korea for vacation. Even though the name may be confusing (what is a lip perfume??) this product is just a lip gloss. This product comes in 4 different flavors: Peach, Pink Grapefruit, Passionfruit and Green Apple.
I bought the one in Peach.
1. Amazing mouth watering peach smell, the same smell as the lip scrub (but no flavor).
2. Adorable packaging. There is no cheap sticker on this product, it came in a cute little box and the lip gloss is in a lip pot that is very high quality.
3. The lip gloss gives your lips a beautiful sheer tint and a lovely shine.
4. Very moisturizing and hydrating for my lips.
5. The product feels sticky on your fingers but I do not find this product sticky once it’s on my lips.
1. Some people may find the packaging to be unhygienic since you have to put your finger in the pot in order to apply the product.
2. The lack of flavor may disappoint some people as the smell makes you so tempted to lick your lips but the flavorlessness is just disappointing.
Overall I recommend this product! I’m not sure if it’s still available in stores because like I said, I bought it in 2011. But for those who order their Korean makeup online, it’s still available.